Organising an event
The City of Albany is an ideal place to host all kinds of events, from community festivals, concerts to adventure sports and everything in between. A public event is a great way of bringing the community together and achieving the objectives of your group. The Event Approvals Team at the City of Albany are committed to providing organisations and community groups with assistance to help them stage successful events.
To hold an event within the City of Albany you must get your event approved by a team of experienced staff who can help you meet legislative requirements and ensure your event is a success.
The City of Albany is required by legislation to ensure events comply with basic requirements and are responsible for guaranteeing environmental sustainability and public safety. The City of Albany also aims to ensure that community is well informed about events and that disruption to usual activity within the city is minimal. To apply for an event approval within the City of Albany, please read the Event Approval Guidelines and complete the event application form.
City of Albany Event Approval Guidelines Available Now
The Event Approval Guidelines are a comprehensive, user-friendly guide that has been created to assist event organisers prepare their event application so they can acquire an event approval.
It includes a step-by-step guide to planning your event in Albany, information on holding events in Albany's parks, gardens or roads and the support that the City of Albany can offer to you and your event. Other tools include a range of useful templates.
The guidelines are available to download here.
The WA Department of Health have created a Guidelines for Concerts, Events and Organised Gatherings. You may find this document useful when planning your event. To get a copy, please click here.
For more information on holding events in Albany, please click here to send us an email.
The City of Albany Events Team plays a major role in events in our municipality through management of City-owned major annual events and support to community groups and event organisers.
- support through grants and sponsorships such as the Community Events Funding Program or Regional Events Funding Program
- event approvals to facilitate safe and successful events
- venue bookings for personal, public and private events
- tools and resources such as the Event Approval Guidelines
- business marketing opportunities through our social media channels and networks
- partnerships and support to industry organisations
For more information on Community Events Funding and/or Regional Events Funding, click here.
- Town Square Booking Form (3MB)Albany Town Square Booking Form
- Town Hall Booking Form (175KB)Albany Town Hall Booking Form
- Grounds Booking & Hire Form (62KB)Grounds Booking and Hire Form
- Town Hall & Town Square - In Kind Application Form (69KB)Town Hall and Town Square Application for Inkind Support
- Event Approval Application (811KB)Event Application Form
- Event Approval Guidelines (8MB)Event Approval Guidelines Information
- Local Community Insurance Services Brochure (542KB)If you are organising a one-off community event are you covered? Is your one-off community event covered if for example an attendee trips over or the premises are damaged by attendees? Download this brochure to learn how you can arrange a short term Public & Products Liability policy for you if you are holding one of the following for example: • Street or Birthday party • Fair or Festival • Fundraiser • Community celebration This brochure will help you understand what risks to consider and what is the right level of insurance cover for your event.