AV06/18 Financial Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of all statutory reports, approve lodgement of BAS and FBT returns, ensure financial statements are prepared and audited in accordance with the required accounting standards, prepare the annual financial statements and assist the Council’s auditors as required and oversee a junior accountant.
To be successful in the position the ideal candidate will be CPA qualified or equivalent with a degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related discipline. You will have experience in working in a similar position, advanced understanding of accounting concepts as well as knowledge of the Local Government Act and associated regulations.
Your skills and experience:
CPA qualified or equivalent with a degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related discipline;
- Working knowledge of financial accounting systems and experience in working with computerised accounting software/applications;
- Demonstrated experience working within a finance/accounting area;
- Sound understanding of accounting principles;
- Strong level communication skills with the desire to provide superior internal customer support; and
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
To be considered for this role, applicants must clearly address the Key Selection Criteria.
A National Police Clearance is required.
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $71,857.76 to $82,668.46 pa
Closing Date: 21/02/2018 05:00 PM