The City of Albany has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer the KidSport program. KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards paying club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible to receive the $200 voucher from the City of Albany, applicants:
- must be aged between 5-18 years;
- must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card(or have their eligibility confirmed by a referral agent);and
- primary place of residence is within the City of Albany.
The Kidsport vouchers can be done on-line on the following this link or a hard copy is also available from the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre
- Eligibility for the KidSport program to be confirmed by presenting your Health Care Card or Pension conncession card with voucher online or at the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre. Alternatively a registered referral agent can confirm eligibility. Voucher to be validated by the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre.
- Voucher returned to applicant.
- Submit voucher to the registered KidSport Club of your choice during registrations.
- Have fun.
The Referral Agent can confirm eligibility for KidSport for special circumstances or when it is not possible for the applicant to present their Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card.
A list of Referral agents is available below.
Please contact the Club Development Officer on 9841 9419 if you require assistance
- KidSport funding will not be refunded if fees have already been paid;
- Vouchers must be validated by the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre before presentation to the KidSport Club;
- Funds are paid to the Club not to the applicant;
- There is no limit to how many children in a family that can apply for the funding provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Questions or Queries
If you have any questions or queries in regards to KidSport, please contact the Albany Leisure and Aquatic Centre on (08) 9844 2250 or contact the Programme Superviser by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, visit the Department of Sport and Recreation Website as per link below http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport
Clubs will need to be registered with the City of Albany before completed vouchers can be sent to the City of Albany for payment.
A list of Kidsport registered sporting clubs is available below.
If clubs have any questions or queries in relation to becoming a KidSport Club, please contact the City of Albany by E-mail: email@example.com