Rates Notices & Payments
Rate notices are issued in August each year, with payment due in mid-September.
Payments to the City can be made a number of ways:
- On the Payments page of the City of Albany website
- By phone – 1300 276 468 (have your rate notice and credit card available)
- By Bpay – Biller Code 35121 Your reference number is printed on your notice
- By mail – PO Box 484, Albany WA 6331 (cheques only)
- In person – City of Albany, 102 North Road, Yakamia. 8.30am to 4.30pm
Please note there is no surcharge for credit card payments.
Rates can be paid by one of two instalment plans. The two instalment plan requires payments in September and January and the four instalment plan payments are due in September, November, January and March. An instalment fee is payable and the first instalment must be paid by the September due date on your notice.
If you wish to pay this year’s rates by direct debit, the City of Albany offers plans through our website. Payments are processed using Bpoint and are spread over the full financial year with a final payment in June. Payments can be set up with a credit card or a bank account and be weekly, fortnightly or monthly debits. The amount you need to pay (as well as any interest) will be outlined when setting up your plan. To set up your direct debit, click here to visit our direct debit payment page.
If you wish to set up a direct debit for a set amount and have this ongoing from year to year, this can be done by downloading and completing our Direct Debit Request Form - Weekly/ Fortnightly/Monthly and forwarding it to our Rates Department. There is a one-off set up fee and interest will be charged on any overdue amounts (unless you are an eligible pensioner or senior). This direct debit plan allows you to make payments towards the next year's rates before they are even issued.
You can also set up direct debits for a full payment or instalments each year by completing the relevant form located below.
- Rates Direct Debit Request Form - Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly (183KB)Direct debit request form for weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments with service agreement (form fillable pdf)
- Rates Direct Debit Request Form - Full Payment Option 1 (130KB)Direct Debit Request Form used for Payment of Council Rates for the Full Amount (Option 1).
- Rates Direct Debit Request Form for Payment by Instalments Option 2 or 3 (131KB)Direct Debit Request Form for Payment of Rates by Instalments (Options 2 & 3).
If you are unable to pay your rates due to financial hardship, you can apply to the City for a special arrangement. An administration charge per property may apply for each special payment arrangement, and interest will accrue daily on the balance of the overdue account, until it is fully paid.
- Rates Hardship Relief Application Form (256KB)Purpose of this form. This form is to be completed by ratepayers suffering financial hardship.The information provided by completing this form will enable the City of Albany to determine eligibility to receive an extension of time to pay the outstanding rates.
The City charges interest at a rate of 11% per annum calculated daily on any outstanding balance not being paid in instalments (excluding registered pensioners and seniors).Overdue rates and charges may be recovered by legal action, the cost of which will be payable by the ratepayer and be added to the rates assessment.
If you are eligible for a rebate and have already registered with the City of Albany, the rebate will be shown on your notice as “State Government Rebate”. This is the amount provided by the State Government for a Pensioner, State Seniors, Commonwealth Seniors or State Concession Card.
If you are not registered, you will need to complete an application. This can be done with the Water Corporation either online - click here or by telephoning 1300 659 951. The Water Corporation will then forward the application to the City and you will be notified of any rebate allowed. Alternatively you can visit the City of Albany North Road Office with your card and make application.
Yes. The City of Albany now offers ratepayers the option to receive rate notices and instalment notices by email via eRates.
You need to register for your property by clicking HERE. Please ensure you have your assessment number and once you register, an email will be sent to the nominated email address. You must click on this link to complete your registration.
If you are eligible for residential and green waste passes, the passes will be included in the emailed notice.
If you own more than one property, you will need to register separately for each property.
Please note that interim rate notices and final notices will be issued by post.