Community Funding & Sponsorship
Community Funding - now closed
Applications for 2017-18 Community Funding have now closed. Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 30 June 2017.
Quick Response Grants - now closed
The Quick Response Grants program has now closed. Please check back in the new financial year when the program will reopen, subject to Council adoption of the 2017-18 budget.
If your organisation received 2016-2017 Community Funding, you are required as a condition of the Funding Agreement to submit a Community Funding Acquittal Form within six weeks of the completion of the funded activity.
Please use the link below to download this form.
- Community Funding Acquittal Form 2016 to 2017 (287KB)Acquittal Form for 2016-17 Community Funding
Are you applying for funding and need a letter of support for your application?
The City of Albany receives hundreds of requests for letters of support from community groups each year. While most requests will be accommodated in the timeframe required, applicants are reminded that the City does require requests to be made in accordance with its policy and in the correct format.
Please allow 10 working days for your application to be processed. Requests must also be submitted on the attached application form. If you are applying for funding, please consider requesting letters of support early to ensure your application can be accommodated prior to the closing date for funding submissions.
For further information please refer to the City of Albany policy on requesting letters of support:
- Community Projects Support Letter Application Form (62KB)Applications for letters of support will require 10 working days for the City to process.
Use the links here to access grant directories of other governments and organisations.
- Grant finder - for information on grants that are available to community groups.
- Our Community - monthly grants newsletter.
- Fund Base - The Funding Database.
- Grant Ready - grant funding information for Australian businesses.
- Grant Search - funding at your fingertips.
- Australian Business Financing Centre - your independent source for funding information.
- Business Grants Australia
- WA Local Government Association.
Use the links here to access grants offered by key funders.
- Great Southern Development Commission
- Department of Communities
- Department of Sport and Recreation
- Community Arts Network Western Australia
- Department of Culture and the Arts
- Country Arts WA
Foundation Centre - Proposal Writing Short Course
Book a Brain aims to give local community groups access to the knowledge and experience of community members (Brains) who can help groups develop projects or events that benefit the community. Book a Brain will endeavour to put eligible applicants in contact with volunteers (Brains) from the Book a Brain register who have the knowledge required to assist the applicant with their project.
The Brains in the Book a Brain project will share information based on knowledge and expertise. They will not provide physical assistance.
Brains can assist with a number of issues community groups may be facing, including but not limited to:
- Grant writing and acquittals
- Strategic Planning
- Event Management
- Risk Management
For more information please contact the Albany and Regional Volunteer Service on 9841 3588. More information can also be found here: http://arvs.org.au/