To apply for Planning consent or a Building Permit you will need to complete an application form and provide other information before the proposal can be assessed. There may also be other forms that will be required and these are listed below.
If you are required to obtain development approval you must complete the Application for Development Approval form, which is included below with its accompanying information sheet.
If you are unsure whether you are also required to complete the Adjoining Owners Comment Form or the Additional Information for Development Approval for Advertisements please contact the planning team on 9841 9333 or email email@example.com.
For more information about signs and advertising signage please see our signs page.
- Application for Development Approval Form (297KB)These 'Application for Development' forms comply with the format specified in the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015 and have been produced to allow completion electronically. Please NOTE*. Payment must be made before this application can be processed.
- Development Application Checklist (332KB)This form will help you prepare and provide the information needed to be lodged with your application form. Please provide as much information as possible to avoid delays in processing.
- Adjoining Owners Comment Form - Development Applications Requiring Assessment (42KB)Development application requiring assessment. Form to be completed by adjoining owner / neighbour. Please be aware that you are under no obligation to sign this form unless you want your comment to be considered.
- Planning: Additional Information for Development Approval for Advertisements (138KB)This form should be completed if your planning application requires a sign. The form has been developed so that you can complete the details electronically.
For application forms see Building Services. Also see the applicable checklist to help you gather all the information you need to lodge your application.
- Building Services: Checklist for uncertified application for building permit - Dwelling (Class 1A) & Outbuildings (Class 10) (334KB)Checklist for Uncertified Building applications - Dwelling (Class 1A) & Outbuildings (Class 10)
- Building Services: Certified Building Permit Application Checklist - All Buildings (Class 1-10) (318KB)Certified Building Permit Application Checklist - All Buildings (Class 1-10)
Application form requesting approval to deposit building material on, erect scaffolding or excavate near a street. Submit with site plan. If footpath or car bays are to be blocked, a Traffic Management Plan is required to be submitted with this application. The fee is $1 per month or part of a month for each m2 of the area of the street enclosed by any hoarding, fence or scaffold.
- Application to deposit building material on, erect scaffolding or excavate near a street (206KB)Application to deposit building material on, erect scaffolding or excavate near a street. A Traffic Management Plan is required to be submitted with this application if footpath or car bays are to be blocked.
Copies of approved building plans are kept in the City of Albany archives. More recent plans are stored electronically. If you need a copy of these plans, we can search the records held and provide a copy to you. You will need to complete a search request form, signed by the owner of the property and pay the applicable fee. See 'Request for Building Plans' form below which also lists fees.
- Building Services: Request for Building Plans (57KB)BUILDING SERVICES: SEARCH REQUEST FOR BUILDING PLANS