To apply for Planning consent or a Building Permit you will need to complete an application form and provide other information before the proposal can be assessed. There may also be other forms that will be required and these are listed below.

If you are required to obtain development approval you must complete the Application for Development Approval form, which is included below with its accompanying information sheet.

If you are unsure whether you are also required to complete the Adjoining Owners Comment Form or the Additional Information for Development Approval for Advertisements please contact the planning team on 9841 9333 or email

For more information about signs and advertising signage please see our signs page.

For application forms see Building Services. Also see the applicable checklist to help you gather all the information you need to lodge your application.

Copies of approved building plans are kept in the City of Albany archives. More recent plans are stored electronically. If you need a copy of these plans, we can search the records held and provide a copy to you. You will need to complete a search request form, signed by the owner of the property and pay the applicable fee. See 'Request for Building Plans' form below which also lists fees.