13 October 2018 11:00am - 13 October 2018 12:00 PM
There will be a community bushfire information session on Saturday 13th October from 11am -12pm at the King River Fire Brigade Shed on Millbrook Road.
Come and join the King River Bushfire Brigade, Emergency Services and residents to discuss ways to stay prepared and respond if a bushfire threatens you, your family or your property.
Emergency Services will be there to discuss;
• Reducing fuel around your property may help protect your home from bushfire this summer.
• Reducing fuel around your property may bide time for firefighters to attend your property, noting we can’t rely on firefighters to attend.
• Reducing fuel around your property gives your property, you and your family a chance of survival in a bushfire event.
• Reducing fuel around your property assists fire managers in suppressing bushfires that may threaten homes and property.
• Bushfire fuel can be reduced in environmentally sustainable way.
There will be a sausage sizzle after the event.
For further information please contact Justin Hardy on 9844 3554.
For other fire information please visit the website; http://albany.wa.gov.au/residents/emergency-management/fire/